An incredibly perfect planet!
We’re lucky to live on such an incredibly perfect planet. Earth is the only planet known where intelligent lives exist. Life is supported here because of a perfect balance of conditions. There are multiple reasons for earth to be a special planet. Reasons are as follows
- Our planet occupies what scientists sometimes call the Goldilocks zone. Its distance from our star means it is neither too hot, nor too cold. We are close enough to our sun to absorb energy from the sun and far enough away without drying up or burning to death.
- Water is one of the most important substances on earth. All plants and animals must have water to survive. If there was no water there would be no life on earth.
- Earth’s oxygen-rich atmosphere is favourable to support life on earth. This atmosphere consists of different gases in adequate amount. If the percentage of gases would differ then life on earth may face serious consequences.
- The atmospheric pressure on earth is ideal for life. At sea level, the Earth’s air pressure is 14.7 pounds per square inch. The pressure decreases as the altitude increases. You can compare this with the atmospheric pressure of Venus which is 90 times heavier than that on the Earth
- Earth has a solid crust unlike the gaseous planets. The Earth’s crust protects the flora and fauna that inhabit the surface from the molten interior.
- Earth has a unique magnetic field which protects the earth from the harmful solar winds. These solar winds played a role in transforming venus into hell.
- Earth has Van Allen radiation belts which protects it from cosmic rays.
- Our large neighbour Jupiter protects us from many comets and asteroids that come from the Kuiper belt and Oort cloud.